Tuesday, April 19, 2011

花瓣 (Flower Petal)

I am a 12 year old girl living in Shanghai. I am a student and I go to a largely peasant school. My parents aren't especially wealthy, but we do have enough. My father manufactures military goods and my mother is a teacher. My parents have taught me the importance of hard work and constantly use beloved General Mao as an example of the success one can achieve through hard work. My home is comfortable and is large enough for my father, mother, brother, and me. In my home, there hands a photo of General Mao on every wall and in the study, there are several copies of Mao's Red Book of wisdom. All my friends are from a lower class than I am, most are peasants. However amongst us, despite our somewhat different backgrounds, we all share a mutual love and respect for General Mao. Everyday my parents sit in the living room with friends listening to the radio or watching TV. With their friends, my mother and father always engage in anxious discussion about how great Mao's principles are. My father who is a devoted follower of Mao appreciates the conversation because like Mao he accepts that men and women are equal. When I arrive at school, we salute the picture of General Mao that hangs on the wall. Then we go into our English lesson here we translate Mao's wise teachings into English. We love Mao!

No comments:

Post a Comment