Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Xun Ji Feng

July 1967, Beijing

My name is Xun Ji Feng, I am 27 years old, born into wealth in the city of Beijing. I am considered an enemy of Chairman Mao. People of my wealthy, bourgeoisie background are not in favor of the Chairman. Every day, I fear that I will, for some reason, be persecuted for a crime that I did not commit, solely for the reason of my class. Just the other day, a group of fellow wealthy people were blamed for the state of the deaf-mutes at a local school. I don't understand how this falls on our shoulders. I can assure you, I had nothing to do with it. My occupation is a as a musician. I play the chi, a traditional bamboo flute. For years I have been trying to get on the radio. However, my class seems to have forbid me from successfully doing so. The public radio broadcasts fall under the jurisdiction of Chairman Mao's wife, Jiang Ching. All music has to be approved by her, and under Mao's influence, favors the music of the revolutionaries. I am afraid to even play my instrument in the streets, for fear of being victimized by Mao's roving soldiers. Right now, I am not making any money, and find myself reliant on the wealth of my background. My quest for musical fame and liberation will continue, but for now I must pursue another career.
-Xuni















http://www.chinese-flute.com/dizi_store.php

No comments:

Post a Comment